FROM NOTES & CARDS MAILED TO US...
- We stayed here after moving from a dirty motel near Big Spring and the only one there. This motel is very clean and fresh. Price is good and service too. It is near everything. Love it and we will be back again.
From TripAdvisor, September 2012
- My husband and I were looking for a place to stay in the Ozarks, a place that would be easily accessible (important for my husband), clean and quiet. We found just that in the small town of Eminence at Shady Lane. We had a cabin with 2 queen size beds, our own porch to sit on and enjoy the beautiful lawn and birds. We were within driving distance of many sights and activities. There are local restaurants and one grocery. It's not a big place but it was welcoming and our hosts were most friendly and helpful. VERY CLEAN AND QUIET.
From TripAdvisor, May 2012
- We had a very nice stay. The cabin was clean and comforable. We will be back.
MC, Lexington KY, 11/25/2012
- Enjoyed our stay there. Very clean.
TJ, Odessa MO, 11/9/2012
- Just wanted to pass along a big "Thank You" from our motorcycle crew. We had a great time in Eminence this weekend and the cabin was perfect. That was our 3rd time staying down there and twice with Shady Lane Cabins. Eminence has always been incredibly friendly and welcoming to our crew and each year we look forward to going back there. We were saddened at the loss of our saloon (Dry Bean) but your all's hospitality more than made up for it. Thanks again and we'll see you again this time next year.
TH, Fort L Wood MO, 10/1/2012
- When we arrived Friday afternoon, we were happy to be at Cabin #1. It is our home away from home :) Wish we could have stayed longer.
CS, Pacific MO, 7/8/2012
- Just back from a very enjoyable mini-vacation in the Eminence area. The hikes to Welch Spring Hospital, Greer Spring, Falling Spring, Blue Spring and Rocky Falls and others were a real treat for us. Sure enjoyed visiting with you. Stay in touch.
CH, Mexico MO, 4/19/2012
- Once more, I'd like to thank you for offering me the small cabin to stay in during the eve of my wedding. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get all the things out of there in a reasonable time and I want to thank whoever had to come in to clean the room and had to deal with all the items that had been left....... Anyway, thank you again for being so accommodating. I will be most willing and eager to recommend your business to anyone.
AW, Eminence MO, 2/19/2012
- Thanks for all you do.
GS, Springfield IL, 1/9/2012
- "Ozark Gem"
Whether your tastes lean toward a quiet float down a crystal clear river, flying through the treetops dangling from a zip line cable, or exploring the natural wonders of the Ozark Mountains on foot or horseback, Eminence Missouri is the place to go for an inexpensive getaway and Shady Lane Cabins and Motel is the place to stay. It is located right in the heart of everything.
The rates are very reasonable, even during mid season. The owners and staff are all very professioonal and their service rivals that at any resort property (a career in resort/hotel/casino management made me very critical). Plus, the cabins and rooms are always fresh and clean, and everyone will likely remember your name beyond just seeing it on your credit card - a "one-up" on every Las Vegas property where everyone only cares about and remembers your net worth....
Shady Lane Cabins and Motel rates "11" in my book.
From Tripadvisor, Kennett MO, 11/4/2011
- "Great value, quiet pleasant stay"
We have twice vacationed here in a small cabin with two queen beds. Very roomy and very clean on a flat grassed in area within 100 yards of the Jacks Fork River. The bathroom has a nice sized walk-in shower, and a small refrigerator is included. Firepits and grills are close by. It is very quiet, and the air is crisp and clean. We arrived late (after 6 pm), so the manager left a note on the office door directing us to the (unlocked) cabin. Very nice, and typical of the friendliness of Eminence. We go for the canoeing on the beautiful Current and Jacks Fork Rivers, but the area is also a center for horseback trail riding. For the money, Shady Lane is by far the best backwoods cabin we stay at.
From Tripadvisor, Madison WI, 10/14/2011
- We enjoyed our visit in your cabin and look forward to returning in the future.
RP, Lillian AL, 10/3/2011
- "Good value, river access, close to everything"
I just took a motorcycle trip to Memphis and I stopped in Eminence for a night. I couldn't get reservations anywhere in advance due to the standard 2-night minimum. But, I arrived early in the afternoon on a Saturday and was able to get a room for one evening. The place was clean, comfortable, entirely adequate for my purposes and it was convenient for me to walk places since I was on a bike. It was the cheapest rate I found in the area and I'd definitely stay there again. They have a convenient walk-in access to the river for swimming so it was perfect for me.
From Tripadvisor, Overland Park KS, 9/2/2011
- You come very highly recommended from some friends that were just there.
AR, Athens IL, 8/11/2011
- This is one of the nicest places to visit. All kinds of fun things to do. Friends, you need to check out Eminence, Missouri.
From Facebook, DA, Wadley AL, 7/23/2011.
- Your motel and cabins are awesome.
DF, Macomb IL, 7/15/2011
- We can't wait to go back!!! Owners are great and the rivers and springs are super! Rates are good too.
From Yahoo Travel, 7/8/2011
- "Nice ranch style home close to the river"
We stayed at a ranch style home called Story's Creek Manor owned by Shady Lane. It was great! It has 3 bedrooms, a very large eat area in kitchen, living room and 2 bathrooms. The yard is very large and has a firepit grill and horseshoe pit. Plenty of yard for kids to play in . Living room has pull out couch. This is a great place to stay!!!! We are returning again this year.
From Tripadvisor, Illinois, 6/28/2011.
- "Cute cabin and great service"
We were pleasantly surprised at the roominess of their small cabins. They had two queen size beds and plenty of space. Two chairs sit on the front porch for a pleasant evening out. There was a playground for our daughter and she enjoyed it.
The people running the cabins were pleasant and very helpful. Easy to find. We didn't think about this ahead of time, but there is no phone service in the cabin and in fact, there was no cell phone service at all. We had to drive to a lookout point to get cell service - but what can you expect - after all you are in the Mark Twain National Forest and it was nice not having all the technology. Wifi was available if you were lucky - we managed to connect once, but not a big deal.
We went rafting - Harvey's Canoe Rental was very helpful, picked us up at our cabin to take us on our float trip and was there to pick us up at the designated time to take us back to our cabin.
Eminence is a nice small town but well worth the trip.
From Tripadvisor, Gladstone MO, 6/27/2011
- My husband and I stayed with you years ago. Your motel was very clean and that is important to me.
BM, Ironton MO, 6/16/2011
- Last year I rented a couple of cabins from Shady Lane, and it was a lovely experience. My family enjoyed it greatly.
CH, Willow Springs MO, 5/25/2011
- We always enjoy our stay at the Shady Lane!
C&CH, Mexico MO, 4/20/2011
- Shady Lane is one of my favorite places to stay in Current River Country.
Emery Styron, River Hills Traveler magazine, 1/6/2010
- Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and for allowing us to stay in a cabin. We appreciated it more than you know. It was a great feeling to be able to have our family under one roof there at the cabin.
GH, Salem, Missouri 4/20/2010 (after home fire)
- Attaching a few pix of our recent, very enjoyable, Eminence area mini-trip...Big Spring, Rocky Falls, Alley Spring gristmill, Blue Spring, Round Spring, Welch Spring, and others, with the many blooming wildflowers and dogwoods made this a memorable trip. Thanks for having us. We look forward to future visits to the Eminence area.
CH, Mexico, Missouri 4/22/2010
- We really enjoyed our stay. Thanks so much for your personal attention! We will be back again, and will be telling all our friends about your cabins. Please pass on to the Chamber how impressed we were with the city - everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcomed.
CB, Woden, Iowa 4/25/2010
- I wanted to tell you that we had a great week down there. Thanks for your hospitality. The cabin was great. The ride to see the wild horses was outstanding!!! We saw more horses crossing the Current River right in front of us at Round Spring. Thanks again.
MM, St Louis, Missouri 4/27/2010
- We enjoyed our stay at Shady Lane and look forward to returning.
JM, Cape Girardeau, Missouri 5/19/2010
- Thanks for helping make this another happy visit here in your beautiful home county.
MR, Chicago Illinois, 6/19/2010
- Thanks so much for helping us with a lift to Springfield, MO. Your kindness has made our trip great.
JM, Vesuvius, Virginia, 6/22/2010
- The folks at Captain Jack's provided us with conversation and daily coffee, and Jim provided us with more history of the area. You folks also patiently and repeatedly gave us directions!
KT, Topeka, Kansas, 6/23/2010
- Enjoyed our stay at Shady Lane as usual!! Be back next summer.
TC, Marion, Kentucky, 7/7/2010
- We stayed in Cabin 11 from July 2 through July 4, and I must say that it was one of the most enjoyable and relaxing stays I've had in a long time. The cabin was very clean and roomy. All your staff were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back and will recommend to our friends.
CB, Platte City, Missouri, 7/12/2010
- Thanks again for a a very memorable time. We so enjoy coming and staying. As always, we look forward to our next time there. It was good to see you again.
RI, Atchison, Kansas, 7/29/2010
- First time visit was great and motel was clean. Will be back soon.
JM, Kansas City, Kansas, 8/27/2010
- We had a great 3 day stay at your cabins!
CH, Collinsville, Illinois, 10/16/2010
- We had a very enjoyable mini-vacation around Eminence and your nice place in April, and are planning to return for a repeat for some fall hoppin' and photo ops...Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday.
CH, Mexico, Missouri, 11/1/2010
- This will be the 3rd year for some of us and we are looking forward to it as we have such a great time. We love your cabins and the people.
CM, Quincy, Illinois 4/1/2009
- We've stayed in the large cabins three times now and hope to go back this June. The large cabins are very clean and comfortable with plenty of space. The kitchen is large and fairly well stocked for preparing simple meals. The location is excellent and it has always been nice and quiet when we were there. We stayed in the motel once and it was fine for a good night's sleep - ours was just a tiny room with very little space to move around. My brother and sister-in-law stayed in one of the small cabins once and loved it. We enjoyed a bonfire in the firepit beside their cabin that evening. We've floated the rivers there for years and stayed at many other cabins, but think Shady Lane has the best for the price. The staff is always very pleasant, helpful and friendly. The laundry mat is a nice plus, although I've never used it. We love Eminence, Missouri and go back as often as we can from the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
MN, Puyallup, Washington, 4/28/2009
- We stayed at your cabins last year for a float trip and had a blast. We had a terrific stay, and we are hoping that there's room for us again this year.
RG, Chicago, Illinois 5/6/2009
- We just stayed in Cabin # 2 and loved it. We hope to come back in a few weeks.
EM, Overland Park, Kansas 5/18/2009
- Enjoyed the stay, and we will be back !
GY, Huntsville, Alabama 6/12/2009
- We stayed in Cabins # 5 and # 6. Thank you SO much. Very clean and wonderful.
MM, O'Fallon, Missouri 7/19/2009
- Had a WONDERFUL time ! See ya next year.
LP, Springfield, Illinois 7/25/2009
- We enjoyed our stay very much - rooms very clean & you folks are nice ! Thank you.
EP, Springfield, Missouri 8/17/09
- Thank you so much for your friendliness and hospitality during our stay at your establishment. We will recommend your place to our friends.
SD, Roodhouse, Illinois 8/28/09
- Our heartfelt Thanks and gratitude for all your help....
EL, West Frankfort, Illinois 10/21/09
- I really appreciate your kindness. I really enjoyed staying at your cabin, and I hope I can visit you sometime soon again.
MT, Edwardsville, Illinois 12/3/09
- We appreciate your help and we really enjoyed our stay in Story's Creek Manor
CM, Ballwin, Missouri 12/31/09
- Thank you Jim and Jeanie. I did not have a chance to meet either of you. But, I want to tell you that your staff were extremely friendly and helpful during my reservation process and stay.
S.B., Fort Worth, Texas 6/18/2008
- Your resort is one of the most well run, friendly, clean resorts I have stayed at. I tell anyone I know that if they are going down there to float that your place is second to none. I will be coming back soon.
G.M., St Charles, Missouri 7/7/2008
- Thank you for your hospitality - you made our first trip to the Ozarks a very enjoyable one.
C.O., South Glen Falls, New York 7/16/2008
- Thanks again for helping us to enjoy a wonderful time in Eminence. We always look forward to being there and getting to visit with you guys is a plus. Take care and see you next year.
R.I., Atchison, Kansas 8/5/2008
- We wanted you to know how much we enjoyed our stay with you. Your cabins are very clean and comfortable. Thanks for a great weekend!
D.N., Paris, Tennessee 8/25/2008
- Wanted to let you know that we had another wonderful time in Eminence and of course staying with you folks is a plus! Thanks for the hospitality and we will continue to recommend you to our friends heading your way.
R.I. Atchison, Kansas 7/16/2006
- We enjoyed our stay the first of April. You make us feel so welcome. We love the atmosphere and I think your location is so pretty. By the way, the new beds were wonderful.
W.M. Kansas City, Missouri 4/21/2005
- Thank you for the terrific stay we had at Shady Lane. I wish we could have stayed longer and spent more time with you, seeing the wild horses again would have been a treat.
J.I. Fox River Grove, Illinois 4/19/2005
- Thank you so much for the great time! We all had a ball. I think our boys could live there!
L.A. Senath, Missouri 6/5/2006
- You all have been so nice over the years. It has been our home away from home.
R.W. Auxvasse, Missouri 6/19/2006
- You and your staff were extremely gracious. I truly am appreciative of your kindness. I will always remember the wonderful people I found by accident at your lovely Shady Lane.
M.M. Sanford, FL 6/30/2006
- Just wanted to send a quick note of thanks for the wonderful hospitality that y'all showed during our visit. All the families in our group enjoyed our stay at Shady Lane, and are already looking forward to return visits. We will all be sure to let other family members and friends know that this is the place for an Ozark Mountain stay.
B.K. Forth Worth, Texas 7/26/2006
- It was a joy to stay in your cabin. REALLY nice and clean!! And a beautiful landscape you have there.
S.S. Helsingborg, Sweden 9/22/2006
- We had a great week (and the weather really cooperated with us) and having such a nice place to stay really adds to our enjoyment. You are the consummate hosts. Thanks again...I'm sure we'll be back soon!!
B.L. St. Louis, Missouri 10/22/2006
- Thank you for your hospitality and prompt service. We look forward to seeing you next year.
D.E. Kansas City, Missouri 9/24/2006
- We have gone on canoe trips for many years and I can say, without a doubt, that your place was one of the nicest that we have ever been in. And I can say that it most definitely was the cleanest place we have ever stayed. Thanks so much for the great hospitality and excellent cabins that we stayed in.
J.G. Kearney, Missouri 7/16/2006
- Our group recently had the pleasure of staying for a number of days at your establishment. How awesome that the genuine hospitality of the Shady Lane, and everyone that we had the privilege of encountering in the city of Eminence, was a positive reflection upon your community and our country. It is with the sincerest gratitude that we would like to thank all the people at the Shady lane and warmhearted folks of Eminence for making our stay one of the most delightful and memorable events for which we could have hoped. We look forward to meeting again in the future.
B.D. Murphy, Texas 9/27/2006
- Just have to tell you first my husband and I and our 2 teenage children stayed in the top half of cabin #11 in late July of 2006 and we all absolutely loved it. Your cabins are fabulous.
R.I. Ozark, Missouri 1/5/2007
- My husband and I, along with some friends, recently stayed at Story's Creek Manor. We all were so amazed by how nice it was and just wanted to let y'all know that we enjoyed ourselves so much. We all just wanted to have a "stress free" weekend and we did. I just wanted to thank you so much for everything. We will be back, I promise that!!! I have also told all of my co-workers about your place too!!! Thanks again for everything!!
R.A. Fisk, Missouri 5/23/2007
- I can't tell you how much we appreciated the cleanliness of the cabin & area. We will be back again. Thank you so much.
C.T. Newbern, Tennessee 5/27/2007
- Thanks so much for the fishing/float trip. My skills are pretty rusty, but with your expert guidance we caught a few fish and didn't lose too much tackle. Thanks for a great day.
E.S. Piedmont, Missouri 6/3/2007
- Thank you very much for all the help you gave me and my wife during our trip. We felt we had family taking care of us. You went above and beyond, and we knew our belongings were safe and secure with such honest people. THANK YOU.
R.M. Potomac, Illinois 7/30/2007
- We just wanted to say thank you again for all your hospitality and generosity. Everything went like clockwork - you were such a great help to us. Just to let you know that after Jim left on Sunday evening we suddenly heard the wild horses coming across the river and they appeared in the field. It was great. Everyone commented on how nice the cabins were and that it was great to all stay in one place. Thanks again.
D.M. Wildwood, Missouri 10/24/2007
FROM COMMENT CARDS...
- I think it is a good place to relax, quiet and peaceful. Very pretty and well kept. Personal service was a 10+. Thanks for making our stay a pleasant one.
- I enjoyed our stay very much and your kindness and great service was appreciated.
- We love it here.
- Thanks - we really enjoy staying here.
- We appreciated how clean the room was -- excellent job! It's a very nice room.
- Your cabins are very nice. We enjoyed our stay, thanks for the hospitality. Very peaceful!
- We liked the size of the shower. It was wonderful. Wish more would do as you've done.
- It was a great stay. Thank You!
- You have a very nice place here, very hospitable. Rooms are neat/clean, and I always enjoy my stay here.
- Rooms are clean and comfortable. I had a very good nights sleep. Thank you.
- This is a very nice motel. We stay here often. Thank you.
- We had a great stay. Thanks!
- Very nice accommodations. We enjoyed our stay.
- I have stayed in $100 a night rooms that were NOT as clean as this cabin.
- I think your place is great We've had a great time, wish we could stay longer. Thanks again.
- Very clean rooms. We would stay again.
- We loved it here! Everyone was so kind & helpful! The cabins are so clean! We will be back & we will bring friends!
- We really enjoy our stay here.
- We had a very nice experience at Shady Lane Cabins & Motel. I don't think that you should add anything that would disturb the quiet surroundings. Many people commented on how nice and quiet your place was. Thanks again.
- The current facilities are very nice. Staff is friendly and helpful. Very comfortable and homey feeling.
- Thank you very much for a nice clean room.
- Everything was great. Very clean & very friendly.
- The rooms were very clean & spacious. Don't change a thing. Our stay was one of the best times we have had. Thank you for a wonderful vacation. The whole family will be staying next year.
- Awesome!! Thanks.
- Thank You for your wonderful hospitality & and for providing one of the cleanest & friendliest places to stay around here. We will be back to see you!
- The maid service is WONDERFUL.
- Nice & very clean motel room!
- We had a great time here. The cabin was very nice and the motel room was nice as well. Very clean.
- Thank you very much. You have a very nice set-up here.
- The cabin was awesome! Very clean & cozy. We will definitely visit again! Thank you very much.
- The cabin was perfect! Very clean, I really liked the table & bed decor. Also very peaceful. I will recommend Shady Lane to friends. Thank you.
- A great place to stay.
- You have done a great job remodeling and decorating everywhere. What a relaxing vacation! Very clean! Everyone had smiles on their faces. Nice barbeque area with tables & fire pits. Wow! We will be back! Thanks!
- Had a great nights rest. Wonderful beds & pillows! Beautiful setting - see you again soon!
- Our cabins were really nice and really clean! Keep up the good work. The firepits are great! We cooked the best hotdogs I've eaten in years.
- Thank you! We had a great time!
- You do a great job - some competition - but nothing beats your establishment!!
- I had a great time and a good stay.
- You don't know how nice it is to have a CLEAN room. Thank you so much.
- Everyone here is very nice & cabins are always clean (room service). Thank you for your Hospitality!
- I think your facility is wonderful as it is. Very private and relaxing and for people who work daily, this is what they want.
- Really appreciated the nice cooking skillets, pans & utensils. Nice place - very clean & comfortable!
- We love everything about Shady Lane and are planning our next visit. Thanks for a lovely happy time in these beautiful surroundings.
- The rooms were very clean, the beds were wonderfully comfy!
- Cabin was very clean, roomy and spacious.
- Everything A-OK. Thanks.
- You're doing a wonderful job with this property! Thank you!
- Everything is perfect.
- Very nice cabin! We had a great time.
- I must say this motel is very clean and neat. Keep up the good job.
- We had a wonderful stay! Thanks!!
- I love the nice smell in this cabin and the kindness of the lady in the office.
- Great rooms! We were very impressed with the nice, clean rooms at such a great rate.
- Had an awesome time!
- These were awesome cabins. Your hospitality was incredible. Thank you for having us.