FROM NOTES & CARDS MAILED TO US...
- Clean comfortable cabins!
Reviewed October 8, 2015
Good location in Eminence. Very clean, comfortable rooms, lots of room inside. Very quiet. Like the chairs on the porch, and the firepit and picnic tables. Convenient to the shopping area across the highway from the cabins. From TripAdvisor
- Small Cabins
Reviewed September 1, 2015
All in all, the visit was ok. The TV in the small cabins are so small that you cannot see them from either bed and we never could get a decent channel; they were all fuzzy. Definitely need to upgrade the TV's. I also think everyone needs their own fire pit out back instead of having to share with their neighbors.
- The cabin itself was clean and cozy with lots of room. A love seat or another recliner would be nice but overall a good visit. The showers work wonderful.
Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple. From TripAdvisor
OWNER’S NOTE: We now have 32 inch flat screen TVs in all cabins. THANKS.
- Clean, Easy Access to Jacks Fork
Reviewed August 23, 2015 via mobile
Traveled with friends and stayed in cabin #12. Top floor had kitchen w/ two beds, bathroom, kitchen and TV. A/C work well. Bottom floor had two beds, bathroom and TV. Clean place. Horseshoe pit and grill was available. We rented kayaks from Windy's (not far from Shady Lane). Enjoyed our water trip from Alley Springs to Eminence. Enjoyed dinner at Mex place in town.
Stayed August 2015, traveled with family. From TripAdvisor
- Our group of 28 people surely enjoyed the cabins and the newly renovated motel room. Our teenage grandkids had a great time together in the motel, and adults and younger kids enjoyed the cabins. Shady Lane keeps their cabins in immaculate condition. Without a doubt, this was the most enjoyable float trip of the six others we have taken. The float was great and the hospitality was superior to all others. I highly recommend Shady Lane.
RH, Jefferson City MO, August 2015
- Thank you for providing a great place to stay while we paid a visit to Eminence and Sadler Field earlier this week. The cabins were nice and clean, and Donna took great care of us to make sure we had the right accommodations. We look forward to a return visit.
SK, Sheridan IN, August 2015
- Our family stayed in Cabin #11 in July. We missed this key in our vehicle and just found it. Thanks for being such a great place to stay! We look forward to seeing you again next July.
KF, Lees Summit MO, July 2015
- Cheap, neat, and SUPER clean
Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile
So leary of staying somewhere on the river but after reading reviews settled on Shady Lane. Stayed in cabin 1. Furnishings are not the newest but very very clean. No stains, no dirt, no dust, no smell. Very nice and great price. Grounds are very tidy and nice also. From TripAdvisor
- Just wanted to let you know how we enjoyed our recent stay in the top of the large cabin and one night in the motel last week! We were so pleased that you even transported all of our stuff to the motel for Thursday night’s stay. We are hoping to rent out both levels of the large cabin next year if possible during our campout week. We’ll be in touch.
GT, Greenwood MO, July 2015
- Shady Lanes Motel Room
Reviewed June 11, 2015 via mobile
We have previously stayed in one of the extra large (two story) cabins with family, which I highly recommend. This time around my husband and I ended up getting one of the hotel rooms, which was perfectly adequate for our needs. We stayed in room 101, the first room to the right when you walk in the door. The room is not huge, but you don't come to Eminence to sit in your hotel room, so that wasn't an issue. I do wish the bed had been queen sized, as the double/full was a little small for us (we're neither of us tiny, and we both tend to sprawl out in our sleep). It also would have been nice to have had a mini fridge and a microwave. Our only option for keeping things (like milk for breakfast) cold was to keep our ice chest stocked with ice. The front desk will gladly fill up your ice bucket, but if you need more than that you have to buy bags of ice, as they do not have an ice machine. While they do sell bags of ice for less than many of the stores in town, it still would have been nice if we hadn't had to buy bags of ice every day. There's definitely room for a small fridge and microwave, even though the room is on the small side. Not a deal breaker that they weren't there, just an inconvenience. The only actual complaint I have is that our hot water heater did not work worth a flip. You had about three minutes of hot water if you were lucky. After that it was lukewarm at best. The maintenance technician came by our first morning there and said he was going to work on it (not sure if a previous guest had complained, or if they just heard us talking about it, as the walls are super thin, because he stopped by before we had a chance to ask about it), but if he did take a look at it he did not get the problem fixed. We did not mention it again simply because it wasn't THAT big of a deal to us (have I mentioned the nightly rate was incredibly affordable?), and honestly after a day on the river and in the sun a cool shower is kind of nice. Still, it's something that needs to be addressed.
- All in all, we had a very pleasant trip. Shady Lanes (cabins or motel) is a great, affordable option and our family will almost definitely stay there in the future. From TripAdvisor
shadylanecabins, Owner at Shady Lane Cabins & Motel, responded to this review
We intend for all of our equipment to work, so please report any problems to the office. Subsequent guests reported the lack of hot water in M101, and it has been fixed. Thank you for staying with us at Shady Lane Cabins & Motel. Your business is greatly appreciated, and we hope to see you again in the future.
- Just walked in the door at home….and wish I was back there already! I’ve kinda fallen in love with Eminence and Shady Lane!!!
CT, Arcadia MO, May 2015
- We sure did enjoy our spring mini-vacation in the Eminence area. Thanks for having us. A few pix attached I shot that you may enjoy.
CH, Mexico MO, April 2015
- Just wanted to say ‘thanks’ for running such a nice, clean place. I’ve stayed with you three or four times now, and I have been very pleased with your clean rooms and pleasant hospitality! Whether my stays last just through the end of the ‘Eminence job’ or if we come back for adventure, I will call Shady Lane my home for the night!!!! Thanks, Miss Donna and Mr Jim!!!!
CT, Arcadia MO, April 2015
- Thanks to all of you for the kindness and friendliness you have always shown to our whole family. We will always remember the friendships..
CT, McRae AR, March 2015
- Thank you my faith has been renewed in the beauty of the land and people of this county.
KO, Vero Beach FL, March 2015
- Beautiful location!!
Reviewed March 30, 2015
Found Eminence and decided to stop at Shady Lane on a cross country trip not knowing the area at all. I was pleasantly surprised at the amazing natural beauty of the area and loved the little town. Quaint, friendly and authentic and just what I was looking for. Got in late and the owner was very friendly and helpful and gave me some info on the area, things I would've missed on my own and glad I decided to stay and do some exploring before I drove on. Stayed in the motel, nothing fancy but clean, comfortable and well maintained place. Would certainly go back! From TripAdvisor
- Thank you for another wonderful experience in Eminence. Viewing Wild Elk in Missouri was a magical, deeply moving experience. It was great staying with you at Shady Lane. BB, Jefferson City MO, 10/24/2014
- Thank u for allowing us to rent your wonderful place….best in town (because of guys like you). Thanks again. TR, Florida, 10/1/2014
- “I love visiting Eminence.”
Reviewed September 23, 2014
I brought a fairly large group to the Shady Lane Motel & Cabins after just under two years of planning for the trip, so it was important that things go well. Jim & Jeanie Anderson, the owners, went way above and beyond the call of duty to ensure everything was to our satisfaction. Information was supplied readily, no issues overlooked, and no detail was too small to be addressed. We enjoyed an entire week at their establishment and thoroughly enjoyed our entire stay. The feedback from my entire group was completely positive in every regard. We will definitely return. From Tripadvisor
We stayed at your cabins from 9/8 to 9/15 and they were awesome. You folks are some of the nicest most accommodating people we have ever met. Thanks so much for everything. We truly enjoyed our stay. SB, White Hall MD, 9/18/2014. Facebook
- Our group really enjoyed our stay at your properties. Of course not enough time to see everything we wanted to in your area but enjoyed every day we had there. The cabins were nice and clean. We had no problems with the accommodations and the area was very relaxing. Jim, your guiding principles are genuine. Your thoughtful personality and caring personality was exceptional. You are an outstanding owner/operator. You go above and beyond to make visitors feel comfortable and welcoming! Our group surely appreciated you to the fullest. Your staff was also exceptionally nice, helpful, and accommodating to our group. Should we ever return to your area we would love to return to your facility! We all had a great time. Thanks So Much for all your help with this trip. LH, White Hall MD, 9/18/2014
- “Jim leaves the light on for us!”
Reviewed September 6, 2014
We've been coming to Eminence for about twelve years have stayed at Shady Lane the last ten. At first we went for the economical rooms, but the excellent service and clean rooms kept us coming back. The motel rooms are comfortable. If staying for four or five days, we get a cabin, which is huge. We've also stayed there in an RV, no problems with the hook-ups. Nice to have the laundromat handy for washing wet clothes from the river. This is a wonderfully quiet, family place. I've always felt completely safe here. We walk to the restaurants, the gas station, and the river. Every employee goes out of their way to please. Turning into parking lot feels like coming home! From Tripadvisor
- “Wild horses, azure springs- elk - place to stay? Shady Lane!”
Reviewed September 5, 2014
My husband and I were first attracted to Shady Lane Cabins and Motel by the more than reasonable prices on season and off. We're simple people in search of a clean, quiet room for sleeping, accessible and dependable WIFI, quiet A/C in the summer and heat in the winter -- as well as knowledgeable and friendly helpful local staff...people who will take some time for a cup of coffee and chat if the day permits it.
- We came as strangers, but years later we keep coming back-- Jim and Jeanie and their laundromat staff (the washery adjoins the motel office and a sitting area) are unfailingly informative and professional whilst being informal...they understand the best business are repeat good customers and the word of mouth they generate. Whenever we've had a problem with burnt out lights or other infrastructure issues (they've occurred but been rare -- hey, this is a family run mom-and-pop, not high end facility with a staff of hundreds) they've been attended to promptly. Shady Lane has been especially good with our late Friday night arrivals as long as we've called ahead, just as you would with a visit to a relative.
- If business or vacation takes you to Shannon County, and you're looking for a place to stay where simple country expectations are fulfilled without breaking the budget, Shady Lane is the closest thing to grandma's house you are likely to find. More info on horses, elk or springs? Just ask when you sign in. From Tripadvisor
- “Quiet, Relaxing... and friendly!”
Reviewed September 3, 2014
Eminence, MO is probably the prettiest area of Missouri..... besides beauty, and the warmth of this town, they make you feel like part of the community! I have stayed at Shady Lane Motel often.. more than 5 visits. I was always given a warm, friendly welcome by staff and owner. I have stayed in the motel and one of the cabin.. both very clean! Every visit, the staff and the owner has helped me plan out my visit including directions, and suggestions to visit, and restaurants. I highly recommend, Shady Lane... I never had a problem, but I always know anyone on the staff would be more than willing to make sure I was a happy guest. From TripAdvisor
- “Great place to stay in Eminence MO”
Reviewed September 3, 2014
There is just something special about the Eminence area. I have visited several times with photo friends to photograph the beautiful springs in the area.
- Every time we have stayed at Shady Lane Cabins and Motel. I have stayed in the cabins and the double room in the motel. Both are very clean and roomy and very reasonable in price. The grounds are very well kept.
- The owner Jim Anderson is friendly and gave us tips and directions on areas for photo ops.
- You just get that small town friendliness. I plan to return when the fall colors arrive and will stay at the Shady Lane Cabins for sure! From TripAdvisor
- “Love Shady Lane and the Staff”
Reviewed September 3, 2014
Having stayed at Shady lane for many years, it is our first choice when coming to Eminence. The staff is more than helpful and the location is convenient. On those few instances when something breaks, it is repaired/replaced instantly. Jim the proprietor makes sure to go out of his way to make certain your stay is comfortable. I've stayed in the large cabin (my preference) but when there on business, the hotel is comfortable for my needs. As a matter of fact, I will be enjoying the motel room without windows in a few weeks so I can do a moon light float trip and sleep comfortably during the day without the window (there is a plus to not having a window). There are many choices of places to stay in eminence, but Shady Lane is our first choice. Love the location and the accommodations!! Did I mention price? great value for the few dollars you spend!!!!! From Tripadvisor
- Looking forward to another wonderful stay at Shady Lane Cabins. JA, Kansas, 9/3/2014. Facebook
- Shady Lane Cabins is our choice spot to stay when in Eminence, Mo. Jim & Jeanie and all the employees there have always treated us so good. We have thought about trying different rivers and places to stay, but dang, when you find a place that feels like home, it’s hard to even think about anywhere else. I think we will continue this trip and enjoy Eminence MO & the folks at Shady Lane for many years to come. This is now our home away from home so to speak. Terri Sweckard, Adventure Sports Outdoors magazine, September 2014 issue
- Hope to see you again soon. KP, Joplin MO, 8/15/2014
- Thank you for yet another wonderful week. We love staying at your place and look forward to seein you all again next year. CW, Silver Lake KS, 8/12/2014. Facebook
- Officially home from vacation after a detour to Hillsboro IL to help my Aunt Emma Talley celebrate 91 years of life! Would like to give a big shout out to Jim Anderson and staff at Shady Lanes Cabins & Motel in Eminence, Missouri. We had an awesome stay and will definitely be back! Hope you have a very successful year...we will be back soon!!! SN, Brighton IL, 7/28/2014. Facebook
- Had a great time there this weekend. Cabins and staff were wonderful. Very well kept and clean. Cannot wait til next year. LW, 7/14/2014. Facebook
- Sadly leave to go home to Kentucky. Our rooms were great and y’all were wonderful. This was our 5th stay in Eminence. First time at Shady Lane. It was the best by far! 2 days on the river was a blast! Thanks for the memories. See y’all next year! DH, 7/14/2014. Facebook
- Just wanna tell you that we’re back in Sweden since yesterday. Your area with Shady Lane as base….better than that ya ain’t gonna get it. In your area, one gets quality time for sure. VERY well treated. There’s everything one could ask for. All ya need. After a short week your batteries are charged again. A place to recommend to everyone. AA, Knutsgadan Sweden, 6/11/2014. Facebook
- Thank you very much for the hospitality shown to us last week. Mac speaks very highly of you and the folks in Eminence, and I’ve seen the proof with my own eyes. From myself personally, I know from the BGBB too, thank you very much for being such great hosts. I know I’ll see you again down the road. MH, St Albens WV, 6/10/2014. Facebook
- Thank you for the warm hospitality during the MOC Cast & Blast. The trip was exceptional and the accommodations were superb. Being from Kansas City, I had no idea what the Eminence area had to offer and was blown away by the experiences I’ve been missing out on. Hunting turkeys along the river was incredible and I’ll definitely be back to do it again next year! Until then, I’ll be putting out several stories to promote the area. Thanks again and I h0pe to catch up with you the next time I’m in Eminence! TH, Kansas City MO, 6/2/2014
- From experience, I can recommend Shady Lane Cabins as a good place to stay. Ron Kruger, Outdoor Guide Magazine, June-July 2014 issue
- Shady Lane Cabins and Motel are awesome. Owner, Jim Anderson, is an encyclopedia of information about Shannon County. Bill Cooper, Outside Again Adventures TV, 5/16/2014. Facebook
- Thanks to Shady lane Cabins for a beautiful setting and a clean, comfortable place to stay. Bill Cooper, Outside Again Adventures TV, 5/2/2014. Facebook
- I look forward to getting back down that way! OM, Detroit MI, 5/7/2014
- We found our home away from home at Shady Lane Cabins & Motel. Jim & Jeanie Anderson & the staff at Shady Lane Cabins have made us feel so welcome year after year. Last year we rented Story’s Creek Manor, a 3 bedroom ranch home. It was just perfect for our large group of women. We felt right at home with plenty of space and beds. The big kitchen worked out nice for our large group. We spent most of our time when at the house, outside under the covered patio. Terri Sweckard, Adventure Sports Outdoors magazine, May 2014 issue
- We stayed here after moving from a dirty motel near Big Spring and the only one there. This motel is very clean and fresh. Price is good and service too. It is near everything. Love it and we will be back again.
From TripAdvisor, September 2012
- My husband and I were looking for a place to stay in the Ozarks, a place that would be easily accessible (important for my husband), clean and quiet. We found just that in the small town of Eminence at Shady Lane. We had a cabin with 2 queen size beds, our own porch to sit on and enjoy the beautiful lawn and birds. We were within driving distance of many sights and activities. There are local restaurants and one grocery. It's not a big place but it was welcoming and our hosts were most friendly and helpful. VERY CLEAN AND QUIET.
From TripAdvisor, May 2012
- We had a very nice stay. The cabin was clean and comforable. We will be back.
MC, Lexington KY, 11/25/2012
- Enjoyed our stay there. Very clean.
TJ, Odessa MO, 11/9/2012
- Just wanted to pass along a big "Thank You" from our motorcycle crew. We had a great time in Eminence this weekend and the cabin was perfect. That was our 3rd time staying down there and twice with Shady Lane Cabins. Eminence has always been incredibly friendly and welcoming to our crew and each year we look forward to going back there. We were saddened at the loss of our saloon (Dry Bean) but your all's hospitality more than made up for it. Thanks again and we'll see you again this time next year.
TH, Fort L Wood MO, 10/1/2012
- When we arrived Friday afternoon, we were happy to be at Cabin #1. It is our home away from home :) Wish we could have stayed longer.
CS, Pacific MO, 7/8/2012
- Just back from a very enjoyable mini-vacation in the Eminence area. The hikes to Welch Spring Hospital, Greer Spring, Falling Spring, Blue Spring and Rocky Falls and others were a real treat for us. Sure enjoyed visiting with you. Stay in touch.
CH, Mexico MO, 4/19/2012
- Once more, I'd like to thank you for offering me the small cabin to stay in during the eve of my wedding. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get all the things out of there in a reasonable time and I want to thank whoever had to come in to clean the room and had to deal with all the items that had been left....... Anyway, thank you again for being so accommodating. I will be most willing and eager to recommend your business to anyone.
AW, Eminence MO, 2/19/2012
- Thanks for all you do.
GS, Springfield IL, 1/9/2012
- "Ozark Gem"
Whether your tastes lean toward a quiet float down a crystal clear river, flying through the treetops dangling from a zip line cable, or exploring the natural wonders of the Ozark Mountains on foot or horseback, Eminence Missouri is the place to go for an inexpensive getaway and Shady Lane Cabins and Motel is the place to stay. It is located right in the heart of everything.
The rates are very reasonable, even during mid season. The owners and staff are all very professioonal and their service rivals that at any resort property (a career in resort/hotel/casino management made me very critical). Plus, the cabins and rooms are always fresh and clean, and everyone will likely remember your name beyond just seeing it on your credit card - a "one-up" on every Las Vegas property where everyone only cares about and remembers your net worth....
Shady Lane Cabins and Motel rates "11" in my book.
From Tripadvisor, Kennett MO, 11/4/2011
- "Great value, quiet pleasant stay"
We have twice vacationed here in a small cabin with two queen beds. Very roomy and very clean on a flat grassed in area within 100 yards of the Jacks Fork River. The bathroom has a nice sized walk-in shower, and a small refrigerator is included. Firepits and grills are close by. It is very quiet, and the air is crisp and clean. We arrived late (after 6 pm), so the manager left a note on the office door directing us to the (unlocked) cabin. Very nice, and typical of the friendliness of Eminence. We go for the canoeing on the beautiful Current and Jacks Fork Rivers, but the area is also a center for horseback trail riding. For the money, Shady Lane is by far the best backwoods cabin we stay at.
From Tripadvisor, Madison WI, 10/14/2011
- We enjoyed our visit in your cabin and look forward to returning in the future.
RP, Lillian AL, 10/3/2011
- "Good value, river access, close to everything"
I just took a motorcycle trip to Memphis and I stopped in Eminence for a night. I couldn't get reservations anywhere in advance due to the standard 2-night minimum. But, I arrived early in the afternoon on a Saturday and was able to get a room for one evening. The place was clean, comfortable, entirely adequate for my purposes and it was convenient for me to walk places since I was on a bike. It was the cheapest rate I found in the area and I'd definitely stay there again. They have a convenient walk-in access to the river for swimming so it was perfect for me.
From Tripadvisor, Overland Park KS, 9/2/2011
- You come very highly recommended from some friends that were just there.
AR, Athens IL, 8/11/2011
- This is one of the nicest places to visit. All kinds of fun things to do. Friends, you need to check out Eminence, Missouri.
From Facebook, DA, Wadley AL, 7/23/2011.
- Your motel and cabins are awesome.
DF, Macomb IL, 7/15/2011
- We can't wait to go back!!! Owners are great and the rivers and springs are super! Rates are good too.
From Yahoo Travel, 7/8/2011
- "Nice ranch style home close to the river"
We stayed at a ranch style home called Story's Creek Manor owned by Shady Lane. It was great! It has 3 bedrooms, a very large eat area in kitchen, living room and 2 bathrooms. The yard is very large and has a firepit grill and horseshoe pit. Plenty of yard for kids to play in . Living room has pull out couch. This is a great place to stay!!!! We are returning again this year.
From Tripadvisor, Illinois, 6/28/2011.
- "Cute cabin and great service"
We were pleasantly surprised at the roominess of their small cabins. They had two queen size beds and plenty of space. Two chairs sit on the front porch for a pleasant evening out. There was a playground for our daughter and she enjoyed it.
The people running the cabins were pleasant and very helpful. Easy to find. We didn't think about this ahead of time, but there is no phone service in the cabin and in fact, there was no cell phone service at all. We had to drive to a lookout point to get cell service - but what can you expect - after all you are in the Mark Twain National Forest and it was nice not having all the technology. Wifi was available if you were lucky - we managed to connect once, but not a big deal.
We went rafting - Harvey's Canoe Rental was very helpful, picked us up at our cabin to take us on our float trip and was there to pick us up at the designated time to take us back to our cabin.
Eminence is a nice small town but well worth the trip.
From Tripadvisor, Gladstone MO, 6/27/2011
- My husband and I stayed with you years ago. Your motel was very clean and that is important to me.
BM, Ironton MO, 6/16/2011
- Last year I rented a couple of cabins from Shady Lane, and it was a lovely experience. My family enjoyed it greatly.
CH, Willow Springs MO, 5/25/2011
- We always enjoy our stay at the Shady Lane!
C&CH, Mexico MO, 4/20/2011
- Shady Lane is one of my favorite places to stay in Current River Country.
Emery Styron, River Hills Traveler magazine, 1/6/2010
- Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and for allowing us to stay in a cabin. We appreciated it more than you know. It was a great feeling to be able to have our family under one roof there at the cabin.
GH, Salem, Missouri 4/20/2010 (after home fire)
- Attaching a few pix of our recent, very enjoyable, Eminence area mini-trip...Big Spring, Rocky Falls, Alley Spring gristmill, Blue Spring, Round Spring, Welch Spring, and others, with the many blooming wildflowers and dogwoods made this a memorable trip. Thanks for having us. We look forward to future visits to the Eminence area.
CH, Mexico, Missouri 4/22/2010
- We really enjoyed our stay. Thanks so much for your personal attention! We will be back again, and will be telling all our friends about your cabins. Please pass on to the Chamber how impressed we were with the city - everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcomed.
CB, Woden, Iowa 4/25/2010
- I wanted to tell you that we had a great week down there. Thanks for your hospitality. The cabin was great. The ride to see the wild horses was outstanding!!! We saw more horses crossing the Current River right in front of us at Round Spring. Thanks again.
MM, St Louis, Missouri 4/27/2010
- We enjoyed our stay at Shady Lane and look forward to returning.
JM, Cape Girardeau, Missouri 5/19/2010
- Thanks for helping make this another happy visit here in your beautiful home county.
MR, Chicago Illinois, 6/19/2010
- Thanks so much for helping us with a lift to Springfield, MO. Your kindness has made our trip great.
JM, Vesuvius, Virginia, 6/22/2010
- The folks at Captain Jack's provided us with conversation and daily coffee, and Jim provided us with more history of the area. You folks also patiently and repeatedly gave us directions!
KT, Topeka, Kansas, 6/23/2010
- Enjoyed our stay at Shady Lane as usual!! Be back next summer.
TC, Marion, Kentucky, 7/7/2010
- We stayed in Cabin 11 from July 2 through July 4, and I must say that it was one of the most enjoyable and relaxing stays I've had in a long time. The cabin was very clean and roomy. All your staff were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back and will recommend to our friends.
CB, Platte City, Missouri, 7/12/2010
- Thanks again for a a very memorable time. We so enjoy coming and staying. As always, we look forward to our next time there. It was good to see you again.
RI, Atchison, Kansas, 7/29/2010
- First time visit was great and motel was clean. Will be back soon.
JM, Kansas City, Kansas, 8/27/2010
- We had a great 3 day stay at your cabins!
CH, Collinsville, Illinois, 10/16/2010
- We had a very enjoyable mini-vacation around Eminence and your nice place in April, and are planning to return for a repeat for some fall hoppin' and photo ops...Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday.
CH, Mexico, Missouri, 11/1/2010
- This will be the 3rd year for some of us and we are looking forward to it as we have such a great time. We love your cabins and the people.
CM, Quincy, Illinois 4/1/2009
- We've stayed in the large cabins three times now and hope to go back this June. The large cabins are very clean and comfortable with plenty of space. The kitchen is large and fairly well stocked for preparing simple meals. The location is excellent and it has always been nice and quiet when we were there. We stayed in the motel once and it was fine for a good night's sleep - ours was just a tiny room with very little space to move around. My brother and sister-in-law stayed in one of the small cabins once and loved it. We enjoyed a bonfire in the firepit beside their cabin that evening. We've floated the rivers there for years and stayed at many other cabins, but think Shady Lane has the best for the price. The staff is always very pleasant, helpful and friendly. The laundry mat is a nice plus, although I've never used it. We love Eminence, Missouri and go back as often as we can from the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
MN, Puyallup, Washington, 4/28/2009
- We stayed at your cabins last year for a float trip and had a blast. We had a terrific stay, and we are hoping that there's room for us again this year.
RG, Chicago, Illinois 5/6/2009
- We just stayed in Cabin # 2 and loved it. We hope to come back in a few weeks.
EM, Overland Park, Kansas 5/18/2009
- Enjoyed the stay, and we will be back !
GY, Huntsville, Alabama 6/12/2009
- We stayed in Cabins # 5 and # 6. Thank you SO much. Very clean and wonderful.
MM, O'Fallon, Missouri 7/19/2009
- Had a WONDERFUL time ! See ya next year.
LP, Springfield, Illinois 7/25/2009
- We enjoyed our stay very much - rooms very clean & you folks are nice ! Thank you.
EP, Springfield, Missouri 8/17/09
- Thank you so much for your friendliness and hospitality during our stay at your establishment. We will recommend your place to our friends.
SD, Roodhouse, Illinois 8/28/09
- Our heartfelt Thanks and gratitude for all your help....
EL, West Frankfort, Illinois 10/21/09
- I really appreciate your kindness. I really enjoyed staying at your cabin, and I hope I can visit you sometime soon again.
MT, Edwardsville, Illinois 12/3/09
- We appreciate your help and we really enjoyed our stay in Story's Creek Manor
CM, Ballwin, Missouri 12/31/09
- Thank you Jim and Jeanie. I did not have a chance to meet either of you. But, I want to tell you that your staff were extremely friendly and helpful during my reservation process and stay.
S.B., Fort Worth, Texas 6/18/2008
- Your resort is one of the most well run, friendly, clean resorts I have stayed at. I tell anyone I know that if they are going down there to float that your place is second to none. I will be coming back soon.
G.M., St Charles, Missouri 7/7/2008
- Thank you for your hospitality - you made our first trip to the Ozarks a very enjoyable one.
C.O., South Glen Falls, New York 7/16/2008
- Thanks again for helping us to enjoy a wonderful time in Eminence. We always look forward to being there and getting to visit with you guys is a plus. Take care and see you next year.
R.I., Atchison, Kansas 8/5/2008
- We wanted you to know how much we enjoyed our stay with you. Your cabins are very clean and comfortable. Thanks for a great weekend!
D.N., Paris, Tennessee 8/25/2008
- Wanted to let you know that we had another wonderful time in Eminence and of course staying with you folks is a plus! Thanks for the hospitality and we will continue to recommend you to our friends heading your way.
R.I. Atchison, Kansas 7/16/2006
- We enjoyed our stay the first of April. You make us feel so welcome. We love the atmosphere and I think your location is so pretty. By the way, the new beds were wonderful.
W.M. Kansas City, Missouri 4/21/2005
- Thank you for the terrific stay we had at Shady Lane. I wish we could have stayed longer and spent more time with you, seeing the wild horses again would have been a treat.
J.I. Fox River Grove, Illinois 4/19/2005
- Thank you so much for the great time! We all had a ball. I think our boys could live there!
L.A. Senath, Missouri 6/5/2006
- You all have been so nice over the years. It has been our home away from home.
R.W. Auxvasse, Missouri 6/19/2006
- You and your staff were extremely gracious. I truly am appreciative of your kindness. I will always remember the wonderful people I found by accident at your lovely Shady Lane.
M.M. Sanford, FL 6/30/2006
- Just wanted to send a quick note of thanks for the wonderful hospitality that y'all showed during our visit. All the families in our group enjoyed our stay at Shady Lane, and are already looking forward to return visits. We will all be sure to let other family members and friends know that this is the place for an Ozark Mountain stay.
B.K. Forth Worth, Texas 7/26/2006
- It was a joy to stay in your cabin. REALLY nice and clean!! And a beautiful landscape you have there.
S.S. Helsingborg, Sweden 9/22/2006
- We had a great week (and the weather really cooperated with us) and having such a nice place to stay really adds to our enjoyment. You are the consummate hosts. Thanks again...I'm sure we'll be back soon!!
B.L. St. Louis, Missouri 10/22/2006
- Thank you for your hospitality and prompt service. We look forward to seeing you next year.
D.E. Kansas City, Missouri 9/24/2006
- We have gone on canoe trips for many years and I can say, without a doubt, that your place was one of the nicest that we have ever been in. And I can say that it most definitely was the cleanest place we have ever stayed. Thanks so much for the great hospitality and excellent cabins that we stayed in.
J.G. Kearney, Missouri 7/16/2006
- Our group recently had the pleasure of staying for a number of days at your establishment. How awesome that the genuine hospitality of the Shady Lane, and everyone that we had the privilege of encountering in the city of Eminence, was a positive reflection upon your community and our country. It is with the sincerest gratitude that we would like to thank all the people at the Shady lane and warmhearted folks of Eminence for making our stay one of the most delightful and memorable events for which we could have hoped. We look forward to meeting again in the future.
B.D. Murphy, Texas 9/27/2006
- Just have to tell you first my husband and I and our 2 teenage children stayed in the top half of cabin #11 in late July of 2006 and we all absolutely loved it. Your cabins are fabulous.
R.I. Ozark, Missouri 1/5/2007
- My husband and I, along with some friends, recently stayed at Story's Creek Manor. We all were so amazed by how nice it was and just wanted to let y'all know that we enjoyed ourselves so much. We all just wanted to have a "stress free" weekend and we did. I just wanted to thank you so much for everything. We will be back, I promise that!!! I have also told all of my co-workers about your place too!!! Thanks again for everything!!
R.A. Fisk, Missouri 5/23/2007
- I can't tell you how much we appreciated the cleanliness of the cabin & area. We will be back again. Thank you so much.
C.T. Newbern, Tennessee 5/27/2007
- Thanks so much for the fishing/float trip. My skills are pretty rusty, but with your expert guidance we caught a few fish and didn't lose too much tackle. Thanks for a great day.
E.S. Piedmont, Missouri 6/3/2007
- Thank you very much for all the help you gave me and my wife during our trip. We felt we had family taking care of us. You went above and beyond, and we knew our belongings were safe and secure with such honest people. THANK YOU.
R.M. Potomac, Illinois 7/30/2007
- We just wanted to say thank you again for all your hospitality and generosity. Everything went like clockwork - you were such a great help to us. Just to let you know that after Jim left on Sunday evening we suddenly heard the wild horses coming across the river and they appeared in the field. It was great. Everyone commented on how nice the cabins were and that it was great to all stay in one place. Thanks again.
D.M. Wildwood, Missouri 10/24/2007
FROM COMMENT CARDS...
- I think it is a good place to relax, quiet and peaceful. Very pretty and well kept. Personal service was a 10+. Thanks for making our stay a pleasant one.
- I enjoyed our stay very much and your kindness and great service was appreciated.
- We love it here.
- Thanks - we really enjoy staying here.
- We appreciated how clean the room was -- excellent job! It's a very nice room.
- Your cabins are very nice. We enjoyed our stay, thanks for the hospitality. Very peaceful!
- We liked the size of the shower. It was wonderful. Wish more would do as you've done.
- It was a great stay. Thank You!
- You have a very nice place here, very hospitable. Rooms are neat/clean, and I always enjoy my stay here.
- Rooms are clean and comfortable. I had a very good nights sleep. Thank you.
- This is a very nice motel. We stay here often. Thank you.
- We had a great stay. Thanks!
- Very nice accommodations. We enjoyed our stay.
- I have stayed in $100 a night rooms that were NOT as clean as this cabin.
- I think your place is great We've had a great time, wish we could stay longer. Thanks again.
- Very clean rooms. We would stay again.
- We loved it here! Everyone was so kind & helpful! The cabins are so clean! We will be back & we will bring friends!
- We really enjoy our stay here.
- We had a very nice experience at Shady Lane Cabins & Motel. I don't think that you should add anything that would disturb the quiet surroundings. Many people commented on how nice and quiet your place was. Thanks again.
- The current facilities are very nice. Staff is friendly and helpful. Very comfortable and homey feeling.
- Thank you very much for a nice clean room.
- Everything was great. Very clean & very friendly.
- The rooms were very clean & spacious. Don't change a thing. Our stay was one of the best times we have had. Thank you for a wonderful vacation. The whole family will be staying next year.
- Awesome!! Thanks.
- Thank You for your wonderful hospitality & and for providing one of the cleanest & friendliest places to stay around here. We will be back to see you!
- The maid service is WONDERFUL.
- Nice & very clean motel room!
- We had a great time here. The cabin was very nice and the motel room was nice as well. Very clean.
- Thank you very much. You have a very nice set-up here.
- The cabin was awesome! Very clean & cozy. We will definitely visit again! Thank you very much.
- The cabin was perfect! Very clean, I really liked the table & bed decor. Also very peaceful. I will recommend Shady Lane to friends. Thank you.
- A great place to stay.
- You have done a great job remodeling and decorating everywhere. What a relaxing vacation! Very clean! Everyone had smiles on their faces. Nice barbeque area with tables & fire pits. Wow! We will be back! Thanks!
- Had a great nights rest. Wonderful beds & pillows! Beautiful setting - see you again soon!
- Our cabins were really nice and really clean! Keep up the good work. The firepits are great! We cooked the best hotdogs I've eaten in years.
- Thank you! We had a great time!
- You do a great job - some competition - but nothing beats your establishment!!
- I had a great time and a good stay.
- You don't know how nice it is to have a CLEAN room. Thank you so much.
- Everyone here is very nice & cabins are always clean (room service). Thank you for your Hospitality!
- I think your facility is wonderful as it is. Very private and relaxing and for people who work daily, this is what they want.
- Really appreciated the nice cooking skillets, pans & utensils. Nice place - very clean & comfortable!
- We love everything about Shady Lane and are planning our next visit. Thanks for a lovely happy time in these beautiful surroundings.
- The rooms were very clean, the beds were wonderfully comfy!
- Cabin was very clean, roomy and spacious.
- Everything A-OK. Thanks.
- You're doing a wonderful job with this property! Thank you!
- Everything is perfect.
- Very nice cabin! We had a great time.
- I must say this motel is very clean and neat. Keep up the good job.
- We had a wonderful stay! Thanks!!
- I love the nice smell in this cabin and the kindness of the lady in the office.
- Great rooms! We were very impressed with the nice, clean rooms at such a great rate.
- Had an awesome time!
- These were awesome cabins. Your hospitality was incredible. Thank you for having us.